-My full name is Natalie Felicia Bergqvist, born in 1994 on November 1st in Sweden.
I grew up in the countryside outside of Stockholm as quite a rebellious little girl. Running away was my favorite thing. My parents weren’t so happy about that.
-My real passion for music, writing and singing began for real in my early teens when I moved to Stockholm. I joined a gospel choir and that really taught me a lot about my singing voice and how to use it. I got a guitar from my family when I turned 15 and began playing and writing a lot. Eventually I started playing my own songs at open mics around Stockholm. I started to receive a lovely response and this really inspired me to continue. I met my producer and writer partner Andreas Grube for the irst time in the fall of 2011 and we began working on what became the world of Natali Felicia.
– Putting a label on it, I guess what I’m doing is dark-pop. But for me the key word from the beginning, building this whole world, has always been cinematic. As well, I love the idea of sort of inviting the listener to find their own way into it and start reflecting.’ Run Like The River’’ is a song about running for your life in hope of finding a better place – reflecting on the world we are living in today.
With this video, I wanted to try and capture this brave escape while still rooting into a deep calmness and sort of acceptance.
– Everything you need to know is that I’m someone who puts my heart and soul into my music. I want to do things my way no matter how long it might take. I’m a strong believer in ’’learning by doing’’.
I’ve defiantly faced a lot of ups and downs. Especially in the major label jungle, where I completely lost why I started doing this in the first place: for the LOVE of it. It even came to the point of almost giving it all up (like the drama queen I am haha). But finally I could leave and found people to work with who love what I’m doing and support me 100% in what I believe in. In the end, thats all that really matters.
– The brilliant director’s name is Joakim Carlsson, a good friend of mine from Sweden now living and working in New York. He really embraced my visions and ideas and turned them into something beautiful and substantial. With quite a small team of 5 people we shot the video in a few days in NYC. Most of it was out on Long Island but also in the city. I had such an amazing and inspiring time working with Joakim and his brilliant team. You will definitely see more videos from us.
– I would say I’ve been in the music industry since the spring of 2015 when I first released my debut single ’Used To Be’.
It’s truly been an eventful time in many ways where’ve learnt a lot about the music industry. But more importantly, I’ve learnt a lot about myself really and my music and how I want to develop and do things my way. I’ve got a lot of future goals but trying to focus on what’s in front of me at the moment. Now I’m so happy to finally release my debut album in a month after some years of hard work. Then I’m dying to come out and play live – I love it so much.
– How cliché it might sound: don’t forget who you are. And why you started doing the music you want to do. Hold on to YOUR personality, it’s the strongest thing you have as an artist. And always surround yourself/work with people who love what you’re doing and supports you 100%.